Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 1 of the AHS Plant Sale



Our friend Steve and I had a great time at the 1st day of the AHS plant sale.  As expected, this is a low-key event that gave us plenty of time to forge & visit. 


To be honest, I do more visiting than Steve -- it's becoming a running joke with them just how many hours it's going to take me to finish the plant hangers I am still working on.  During our last interchange, we were laughing that the plant hangers should become immediate museum pieces because you just can't sell something you have 1,500 hours in!


I got a chance to visit with lots of the teachers from the boys' school & neighborhood friends, as well as meet new folks.  One person complimented my attire and said I looked like a "gentleman blacksmith".  I promptly told her that my wife would be happy to hear that since she wouldn't let me wear my normal blacksmithing clothes for the event! 

The sale continues Friday (9-6) and Saturday (9-3, although Jeff will stop forging by 1 p.m. that day). 

No comments:

Post a Comment