Thursday, June 11, 2015

Strawberries



It's the end of strawberry season!  And, also the end of baseball, the start of summer swimming, the start of summer tennis, and the end of school...plus tutoring, music lessons and the rest.  I simply could not add making jam to my "to do" list this week.  But, I didn't want the peak of strawberry season to pass me by, either!  So, we picked for an hour or so this weekend (less picking than driving, but we live in Northern Virginia and that's the way it goes).  And, then, I washed, hulled and froze the berries in 4 cup increments in freezer bags.  I will bring the bags out to do whatever with them when summer is over or I need jam, whichever if first.  It seemed the sanest way to juggle all the competing, worthy interests!

No comments:

Post a Comment