Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Forge - Step 2

The plans for the blacksmithing forge continue!  The boys and I have been preparing the site for a new shed.


Today, I got the welder and anvil.  We brought the welder inside but left the anvil in the car.  It's too heavy to move and move again, so I think it'll sit there (in the car) until we get the shed.  Everyone is intrigued. Even Dave, our friend who helped us with the addition a few years back, stopped over today to see it. The boys were more interested in all the buttons on the welder.



Next steps -- building a stand for the anvil, which is supposed to deaden the ring (my wife asks for a little prayer for that, please!) and getting the shed.  I am also in the market for a leg vise.  


Also thinking of a name for the forge - Ideas are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment