Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Beautiful, Rustic Cross

I have been working on a cross for a friend who will give it to his father for Father's Day.   To make the ring, I got to try out his own forge welding system in my home forge for the first time.  It worked, but not without some collateral damage.  Unfortunately, I burnt out the bottom part of the forge because I forgot to put the side and bottom armor in (extra floor and sides for exactly this purpose), but it was definitely a learning experience.  Yesterday, I put the finishing touches on the cross:






Here's the finished product.

Front:


Back:


My wife says she'd really like one of these.  The whole family knows this one belonged to Mr. R.  In fact, the boys would talk about how "daddy needed to go work on Mr. R's cross".  Her turn will come one of these days!  

No comments:

Post a Comment