Monday, November 8, 2010

BGOV Hammer-In

Hammer-Ins are blacksmithing get-togethers which usually include a demonstration by a master blacksmith, "tailgating" (buying coal, tools, books, etc... from vendors or each other), lots of good food, and a bunch of hanging out with other blacksmiths.   And, posing in front of 1200 pound anvils. 


I had a great time at a Hammer-In yesterday with my buddies Curt Welch and Michael Rininger (our beekeeper/gardening friend).   I drove 5 hours, but it was well worth it.  I came home totally excited about trying some new things out in the forge. 

And, since I saw Michael I also brought home non-blacksmithing goodies -- beautiful, rolled beeswax candles and lots of comfrey, which we've already planted.  Last summer, my wife learned how to make healing salves from comfrey, and it'll be great for her to be able to make them here at home, if the plants take. 

No comments:

Post a Comment