Friday, February 8, 2013

Bountiful -- My Cookbook is Finished!



About a year ago, I suggested to my friends and family that we compile a cookbook.  I'd realized that some recipes were in danger of disappearing from our family traditions, and I didn't want that to happen.  Frankly, I had no idea of what I was really suggesting, as the time required to put together the book that I envisioned quickly became more than I initially realized.

For the entire year, I did not take my usual photography classes, design my usual photography books, or do any of my standard creative pursuits.   Instead, I threw myself into the book that became a labor of love.  And, to be honest, I had definite ideas of what I wanted to see in the book -- lots of photographs, a focus on cooking with the seasons (and the gardening that goes along with that concept), and recipes that made people smile and remember.  All those things, plus the fact that I had to self-publish the book, pretty much made the cookbook a "collector's item" before it was published! But, after a year's work, the book is done.  I hope it brings joy wherever it goes...

If you'd like to take a look at it, here's the web address:  http://www.blurb.com/b/3998871-bountiful

No comments:

Post a Comment