Monday, February 2, 2015

Winter Pursuits



I continue to try to weave.  Actually, weaving isn't a problem.  I love to weave.  Warping the loom, however, is a challenge that I haven't mastered by any means, yet.  Jeff says that there must be a tool or two that we are missing for the warping process! 


I've worked on a new packaging for my soap.  Shown below are a lemon/rosemary, milk and honey w/ oatmeal, and peppermint.  I just spent the morning making up a batch of lime/ginger.  I can't wait to try it in another month (the soap needs to cure for at least 4 weeks).


I've also been learning to dye with natural powders, using the beautiful white wool from Morehouse Farm.  So far, I've worked with sandalwood and cutch.  I need to figure out Glauber's salts, which I read were used in the 18th century....and I also don't have a good understanding of when to use cream of tartar, etc...  There's a lot to learn!  



Because I suddenly have a growing stash of wool,  I've also taught myself the basics of knitting in the round as I try to make a pair of wrist-warmers.  So far, so good.  At least I'm not knitting inside out!  That's a major improvement!

Spinning is still on my list to work on this winter....

No comments:

Post a Comment