Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Caitlin's Photos at the Claude Moore Park Photo Expo

Two of my photos were recently juried into the 6th Annual Friends of Claude Moore Park Photography Expo.  




My photo of a thistle at Hungry Mother State Park (taken while my kids were fishing and I was occupying myself — this is a theme in many of my photos!) was awarded an honorable mention in the “Roots and Buds” Adult-Advanced category.  Interestingly, this show had a “beginners” and an “advanced” category….neither one of which I felt comfortable claiming.  The lawyer in me kept looking for a definition of both terms, without success.  I finally chose the “advanced” category because of the many years I have been working with a camera.  




And, my photo of a reflection in a pond taken at Westmoreland State Park (again, while my kids were playing by the water’s edge!) was honored with 3rd place in the Natural Landscapes category.  The photos are currently on display at the Claude Moore Park Recreation Center Lobby this week. 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment